HEPACO considers the safety of our employees and customers the most important aspect of our operations.
We continue to have a goal of “zero incidents” and we have developed and instilled various training tools, operational guidelines, and initiatives as part of a behavior-based program to protect the health and safety of all personnel on any given project.
Health and safety is the number one priority within our culture, and we are proactive in seeking out solutions to improve our health and safety performance. All HEPACO personnel receive extensive training, including 40-hour HAZWOPER, annual eight-hour HAZWOPER refresher, RCRA, DOT, confined space entry, respiratory protection, first aid/CPR, and associated industry-specific and customer-specific training programs.
HEPACO employs a team of full-time health and safety professionals that regularly communicate with the entire organization about safety alerts, near-miss and incident reports, and safety awareness education. Our inspection teams routinely conduct random site audits of HEPACO branches and project locations, which includes audit reporting with required areas for improvement. We also partner with our insurance carrier to analyze data, identify trends, and recognize potential problem areas to prevent future accidents.
Safety Program Highlights:
- Top quartile Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) performance for NAICS Code 562910
- Comprehensive corporate health and safety plan
Key Safety Practices:
- Site-specific health and safety plan for every project
- Monthly all-employee safety meetings
- Short-service employee program
- Regular, documented job site/facility safety audits
- Enhanced incident reporting protocol, including near-miss reporting
- Full root-cause investigation of all reported incidents and near-misses, including documenting corrective measures
- Routine communications with the entire team on safety alerts any time a near-miss or incident occurs
- Safety performance included in all employee performance evaluations
- HEPACO employs full-time health and safety professionals, including a Certified Industrial Hygienist and Certified Safety Professionals
Advanced Training Programs:
- E-RailSafe Certification
- Advanced Rail Car Specialists
- Tank Car Specialist (TCS)
- FRA Roadway Worker (RWT)
- API WorkSafe
- API Tank Entry Supervisor (TES)
- Confined Space Entry (CSE) and CSE Rescue
- Operator Qualification (OQ)
- Operator Qualification (OQ)
- OSHA 10-Hour/30-Hour
There’s no better partner in the environmental services industry than HEPACO.
To maintain our reputation as a best-in-class contractor in each of the markets we serve, HEPACO and our personnel maintain a wide assortment of certifications, from regulatory training and industry-specific training to qualifications with government agencies, safety consortiums, and regulatory boards. As our customers continue to increase the safety and certification qualifications required of their contractor, HEPACO is committed to meeting and exceeding those requirements. Along with the various safety training certifications noted on the previous page, HEPACO also maintains the following certifications and credentials:
- Oil Spill Removal Organization (OSRO) Classification OSRO #32
- ISNetWorld, Avetta, Veriforce, and NCMS
- Transportation Worker Identification Credentialing (TWIC)
- Underground Storage Tank Removal Certification